Work Ready Nigeria is an initiative borne out of the need to address the skill gaps and inadequacies of Graduates in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Board Chair (on behalf of Board of Directors)
- The Work-Ready Boot Camp is a four-months intensive training and assessment program with the goal of producing work-ready graduates that have expertise in entrepreneurial leadership, communication skills, project management capabilities and the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- The WRA curriculum is based on a blended learning system that leans heavily on publicly-available online learning, peer-based learning and is heavily dependent on the use of technology to maximize the efficiency and the effectiveness of the learning process.
- After the “Work-Ready Boot Camp”, these graduates will gain employment at top companies in Africa, or (if they prefer) pursue independent entrepreneurial business careers.
Overview Of Responsibilities
- The CEO is the leader of the organization, and the Chief Mobilizer; s/he leverages the power of relationships and networks, and works across private, public and corporate sectors to improve conditions in the community.
- The CEO possesses a high level of broad business and management skills and is effective at generating resources and financial support for the organization.
- The CEO is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good – creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies for broad investment and impact.
- The CEO is the steward of brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation of Work Ready Nigeria. S/he is responsible for building trust in Work Ready Nigeria and its relevance in the community.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- The CEO works closely with the Board to craft and adapt the strategy to achieve this increased impact, including raising the funds to support it.
- S/he will establish and build relationships with top leaders in the community, including those representing the highest levels in business, government and non-profit sectors.
- The CEO is charged to drive key results in fundraising; to identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors, and key leaders of prospective new corporate partners; to leverage personal and professional contacts and relationships into fundraising opportunities; and to promote a culture of fundraising in the organization, both at the staff and board level.
- The CEO will also be responsible for coming up with marketing plans to ensure we continue to recruit the best graduates at all times.
- The CEO serves as the principal resource to the Board of Directors and its key committees and gives strong direction in policy formulation and interpretation.
- S/he partners with the Board of Directors and the Senior Leadership team to craft organizational goals and develops strategies to ensure that they are achieved.
- S/he ensures coordination and alignment of all Work Ready Nigeria activities to strategic direction in the areas of community impact, resource development, and staff alignment.
- The CEO is accountable for building and leading high-performing teams, ensuring all teams are aligned and collaborating to achieve organizational results.
- S/he maintains accountability for the operational and fiscal integrity of the organization within policies set by the Board of Directors.
- The CEO assesses organizational capacity to implement strategies and identify gaps in systems and staffing; directly supervises Senior Leadership positions and establishes individual goals; works with the Head of Finance to manage organizational spending, monitor budget compliance, and mitigate financial risks; and ensures that goals of inclusiveness and diversity among staff and volunteers are met.
- Undergraduate degree required. Training, experience or advanced degree preferred in business, or management. Experience for 3 years in role may substitute for an advanced degree.
Core Competencies required for this Position:
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Visionary: Confronts the complex realities of the environment and simultaneously maintains faith in a different and better future, providing purpose, direction, and motivation.
- Team-Builder: First ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right times; fostering commitment, trust, and collaboration among multi-cultural leaders and stakeholders.
- Outward Turning: Understands the dynamics of local, regional, and national environments, and works on an agenda rooted in the community’s own perception of its needs and aspirations.
- Business Acumen: Possesses a high-level of broad business and management skills and is effective at generating financial support for the organization.
- Network-Oriented: Values the power of networks; striving to leverage Work Ready Nigeria’s breadth of community presence, relationships, and strategy.
Experience / Position Requirements
- Substantial experience working in the Education and/or Human Resource sectors are desirable.
- Expertise on issues relevant to the organization.
- Ability to command the confidence and respect of stakeholders.
- A demonstrated track record of promoting diversity and an ability to build collaboration with the community at large.
- Experience in developing partnerships, building teams and conflict management.
- Experience in building revenue and increasing philanthropic support.
- Must demonstrate a high level of intelligence and intellectual curiosity and a desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems.
- S/he has unquestioned integrity; a long term perspective; a strong sense of accountability; a practical ability to get things done; wisdom and good judgment; a fair and thoughtful approach to management, combined with the flexibility and courage to shift direction and experiment with new initiatives; excellent verbal and written communication skills; a high energy level and sense of humor.
Deadline: 14th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.