Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at RedAid Nigeria
Prefer not to state
RedAid Nigeria is a young local non-governmental organisation whose objective is to provide support to people affected by neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) and people with disabilities. This support includes the provision of orthopaedic devices such as prostheses and orthoses to indigent persons, support of income-generating operations, and advocacy activities e.g. for the rights of people with disabilities. Furthermore, RedAid Nigeria focuses on raising awareness for NTDs and disabilities in online media.
RedAid Nigeria works in close cooperation with DAHW (German Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief Association), a German non-governmental organisation with decades of experience in healthcare-related projects.
We are looking for a suitable, qualified and experienced person to be employed full time within the capacity below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in business administration.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as CEO or in a senior management position.
- Proven knowledge of the use of economic analysis of company’s / organisation’s financial situation. Familiarity with diverse business functions such as fundraising, PR, finance, etc.
- Proven knowledge of the ability to structure the setup of an organisation in an efficient way.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel management.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Good knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organizations vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Leading the development and implementation of high quality business strategies and plans; ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Leading and motivating subordinates to advance employee engagement.
- Develop a high performing managerial team.
- Overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Overseeing the complete operation of,the organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans.
- Ensuring the timely implementation of strategic plan that guides the direction of the organization.
- Soliciting advice and guidance, when appropriate, from a Board of Directors.
- Evaluating the success of the organization in reaching its goals.
- Representing the organization (or civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level,
- Participating in relevant events that will enhance the organizations reputation, and its potential for success.
Deadline: 29th January, 2021 (12 Noon, Friday)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “CEO” as the subject of the email.
- Female candidates, Persons living with disabilities or persons who have been treated for Hansen’s Disease / Leprosy but who have the requisite qualifications, are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and test.