Landshop is Nigeria’s Premier Real Estate Co-Investment hub, designed to unlock the wealth of the land and ensure everyone can become a proud land or home owner through our unique co-investment features; irrespective of their social status, credit rating or location.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chartered Surveyor
- Make exact measurements and determine property boundaries. Provide data relevant to the shape, contour, gravitation, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the earth’s surface for engineering, mapmaking, mining, land evaluation, construction, and other purposes.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain their accuracy.
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
- Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting map.
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
- Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
- Develop criteria for the design and modification of survey instruments.
- Locate and mark sites selected for geophysical prospecting activities, such as efforts to locate petroleum or other mineral products.
- Survey bodies of water in order to determine navigable channels and to secure data for construction of breakwaters, piers, and other marine structures.
- Direct aerial surveys of specified geographical areas.
- Determine specifications for photographic equipment to be used for aerial photography, as well as altitudes from which to photograph terrain.
- BSc/HND in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Professional qualification and registration is a requirement
- Applicants should be resident in Lagos, Nigeria
Deadline: 30th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chartered Surveyor” as the subject of the email.