UAC Foods Limited is a leading manufacturer and Marketer of tasty, nourishing convenience foods. The business is a joint venture between UACN Plc of Nigeria with 51% equity stake and Tiger Brands of South Africa with 49%. We are a quality conscious company and always aim to add value to our consumers with our rich basket of Snacks, Beverage and Dairies products. Our foremost act of social responsibility is the nutritious, hygienic and safe products that we consistently give to Nigerians.
Staffed with the right people in key Technical, Production and Customer Service Units coupled with our rich culture of innovation spanning many years, we have remained a dominant player in the food industry. Our company pioneered the Sausage Roll market in 1952 and for over 50 years, Gala has kept Nigerians going in their journey to success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Buyer (Engineering & Technical)
- Responsible for the procurement of all Engineering items and services, spares, and maintenance parts.
- Will execute; source identification duties, handling of end-users requisitions quotes from vendors, cost-saving drives, bid management, Purchase Order issuance, and payment reconciliation for all spares, maintenance, and Engineering services purchases.
You will be accountable for.
- Conducting research on market developments, price, and cost developments by applying cost models.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing and engineering teams to ensure spares and services are delivered in line with specifications as agreed with the vendor.
- Conduct buying negotiations with involvement of the designated user, designated engineering and finance representatives in line with the company’s procurement policy
- Obtain manufacturing or engineering services need via share point requisition to obtain appropriate CEM and REM approvals for all purchases and ensure purchase requisitions ore raised for all purchases.
- Having a pool of subject matter professionals and project minded vendors for ease of engagement for all spore ports and factory maintenance services that may be required by the business.
- Liaise with manufacturing and engineering team to plan for short and long spares and services based on the agreed company’s operational expenditure plan.
- Ensure competitiveness by placing adverts with registered vendors, collates and analyses the quotations received in line with the procurement policy and seek the approval of the buying committee.
- Negotiate the best credit terms for the category in order to maximize working capital and seek †he approval of the Buying Committee for the spend category.
- Execute regular update and review of the categories’ vendor master data and ensure compliance with procurement policy.
- Take ownership pay for performance plan to drive deliverables and contribution to business operations and growth throughout the year.
- Have up to date information on projects being executed and keep all stakeholders adequately informed.
- Ensure engineering supplies and services awarded are done competitively and reliably.
- Expedite deliveries of all items as captured in the PO to meet production timelines.
We are looking for a Category Buyer with the following background and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or other relevant disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years requisite experience in the procurement of Technical Items, Engineering goods and services, Project Management, Operational Management in FMCG.
- Excellent Relationship Management
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Good analytical and negotiation skill
- Proactive and result oriented
- High integrity and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret the BOQ is very essential to enable effective and efficient buying
- Project Management skills.
- Be a member of CIPS or equivalent COREN, NSE, PMP
Deadline: 31st July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of your detailed and updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.