Cash and Voucher Programme Manager at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash and Voucher Programme Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – FSL
Experience Level: Manager / Supervisor
Reporting to: Head of Department Food Security and Livelihoods
Proposed Start Date: June 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Cash and Voucher Programme Manager who will be responsible for providing technical support for the implementation of all Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) activities in Borno State.
- Ensure that CVA program technical implementation is responsive to communities, authorities and partners and consistent with Action Against Hunger’s relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards and strategic plan;
- Conduct technical monitoring visits to the field to ensure that all targeted program beneficiaries are rightly benefiting from the FSL CVA interventions;
- Monitors the environment through regular scanning and data gathering for new opportunities, innovations, new approaches, designs or technologies;
- Conduct Food Security & Livelihood assessments for program development in relation to Borno State context;
- Represent AAH in donor meetings and project field visits, coordination meetings and technical meetings as designated by HOD FSL;
- Supports the HOD FSL in developing relationships and partnerships with donors and stakeholders;
- Develop donor and partner communication strategies;
- Develop tools and guidance notes on cash based transfer and food voucher modalities, market assessment, livelihoods recovery, agricultural inputs, resilience programming and related areas;
- Review all procurement requests for FSL activities before submission to the logistics department;
- Support in follow up on logistics requirements in coordination with the procurement team;
- Ensure that all program-related data and information on FSL activities area of the program is correct, updated, organized and accessible to the country program, HQ and other key stakeholders, and that lessons learnt and best practice are documented.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Animal Husbandry, Agribusiness, Soil Science, Crop Protection and Management, Agronomy or a related field, OR, a Degree in any other field but with a Master’s Degree in Food Security & Livelihoods related field of study;
- Experience in Food Security and Livelihood assessments including cash and market assessments in both development and emergency contexts;
- Clear understanding of cross cutting issues in the field such as child, disability, gender and protection;
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management);
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
- Experience with evaluations and monitoring as well as Program Cycle Management;
- Experience with research and partnership developments with universities;
- Experience with donor communications;
- Good diplomatic and negotiation skills;
- Disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance;
- Excellent writing skills.
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N718,840 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.