Career Openings at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Tender Engineer
Ref No: 0066UW
Slot: 2 Openings
- We are currently seeking a talented Tender Engineer/Bid Manager/Proposal Specialist to support our Control & Safety and Telemetry business streams within the Process Automation (PA) business unit in our Lagos office.
- Working as part of the Customer Success Team, the Tender Engineer holds a critical position within the Northern Europe & Sub Saharan Africa ( NESSA ) Hub and will have the proven ability to analyse outline scope requests as well as complex RFQs and prepare costing and offer documentation consistent with bid strategy.
- The Tender Engineer will have accountability for all technical, financial and commercial content, managing contributing resources to meet tight deadlines to develop a winning bid aligned to an agreed strategy.
- Manage a multiple workload to meet required deadlines
- Own the total response for all assigned PQQ’s, quote and tender submissions
- Analyse RFQ, formulate bid plan, engage required resources and manage contributor deadlines
- Prepare costs and offer documentation in line with process and business tools
- Ensure compliance with SE company and local business standards and procedures
- Support the Opportunity Leader during customer negotiations, as required
- Engage with internal departments to allow timely quote handover, post order receipt
- Report against assigned workload, highlighting issues and actions taken to resolve
- Willing to perform additional duties, as required, to support the Tendering function
- Preferred University degree; Engineering / Business related.
- 5 years experience in similar field with technical know-how in engineering with a plus for electrical background
- Proven experience within a Technical Tendering role coupled with good knowledge of project execution and management.
- Good working knowledge of DCS / Safety / PLC / Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of common MS Office applications in addition to MS Teams and Planner and Sharepoint.
Job Title: Senior Field Service Engineer – Automation, Control & Electrical Distribution
Ref Id: 0069EL
- The installed Service Engineer ensures complex installation, maintenance and repair on customer installed base
- Identify new opportunities while attending customer sites to promote Services growth
- Development of engineering design for Power SCADA solution and installation of the solution, testing and commissioning.
- Work within project teams to design, develop and test high quality PLC control systems, HMI and SCADA programs and interfaces
- Integration of PLC and other equipment on the SCADA network.
- Implementation of OPC server /Client solution for SCADA network.
- Advise customers on best practice, new services and upgrade opportunities
- Perform Startup/Commissioning on equipment across the Schneider Electric product portfolio.
- Perform Preventive, scheduled and unscheduled Maintenance on equipment
- Track Installed Base (serviceable assets)
- Submit Opportunity Detected during his interventions
- Support serviceable Schneider equipment including but not limited to: electrical switchgear, HVAC/CRAC systems, UPS systems, PDUs, RPPs, BMS systems, PLCs, HMIs, Drives, security, access control, CCTV and fire alarm and suppression systems…
- Leads or contributes to Field Services small projects coordination and execution on customer site (end of life, modernization, upgrade, …).
- Perform basic audits of customer’s electrical systems and equipment.
- Document all required information for each site (technical report)
- Get signature from customer for acceptance after the execution of the on-site work
- Provide daily and accurate time and expense for each customer intervention
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of equipment to the designated disposal/repair location.
- Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipments upgrades that will meet customer needs.
- Assist Schneider Electric Service Partners in site visits, evaluating technical and professional performance.
Requirement / Qualifications
- Technical diploma in Engineering
- Minimum of 5-6 years active project/services execution in industrial automation) in a technical service field
- Prior experience in a services role, supporting clients is an added advantage
- Good understanding of the medium voltage network
- Ability to work effective on Automation network for System Control
- Ability to Configure Power Monitoring Expert for Monitoring the power network.
- Ability to Comprehend and understand the Schneider Electric Industry products in order to execute projects and to support internal & external
- Knowledge in Industrial networks, Schneider PLC’s, Citect and Wonderware) is an added advantage
- Ability to configure Twido PLC and Magelis HMI for remote operation is an added advantage
- Able and willing to travel up to approximately 20% of your time.
- Good understanding of the medium voltage network.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other service documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
Job Title: Key Account Manager – Process Automation
Ref No: 0066V8
- In this position you will be responsible for the sale of the complete Schneider Electric Process Automation portfolio (DCS, Safety Systems, PLC, SCADA, Cyber Security) in Nigeria and West Africa.
- This includes products, services and solutions for different sectors: Oil & Gas, Power, Mining, Water and Waste Water and Food & Beverage.
- You will be the first point of contact for existing and new customers. You will maintain an excellent relationship with your customers, which will allow you to understand their specific requests, business processes and needs.
- You work with various sales channels like the end customers, EPCs, system integrators and consultancy firms.
- Developing, maintaining and expanding lasting professional customer relations by means of regular customer visits and participation in customer events.
- Proactively taking on key positions in order to obtain budgeted orders from these customers.
- Negotiating price and conditions with the customer.
- Having current knowledge of the market readily available by developing and maintaining market and product developments up to date, gaining insight in customer structures and organizations, and identifying and following up on opportunities with customers.
- Analyzing customer needs and elaborating offers both independently and in cooperation with the solutions/sales support team.
- Coordinating the preparation of quotes in cooperation with the proposal group.
- Coordinating technical support for customers.
You have completed a relevant technical Master’s degree (Electronics or Industrial Automation).
- You have at least 5 years of experience in industrial automation, preferably in the Oil & Gas and/or Power sectors.
- You have proven experience in the sale of technical solutions and concepts.
- You combine commercial insight with a result-oriented attitude, while applying the required interpersonal skills.
- A good command of both oral and written English.
- A driver’s license is required.
Job Title: Senior System & Architecture Engineer
Ref No: 0068XD
- We are currently seeking a talented Senior System & Architecture Engineer to join our Process Automation (PA) business unit, based in our Lagos office.
- Working as part of the Customer Success Team, the Senior System & Architecture Engineer(Technical leader) holds a critical position within the Northern Europe & Sub Saharan Africa (NESSA ) Hub with the proven ability to work closely with the sales, existing customers and new prospects, to promote our ecoStruxure offer and drive digital transformation throughout the region, convert customers by proposing customized architecture solutions.
- Utilize technical and communication skills, engineering methodologies and life cycle support competencies to identify and resolve customer challenges
- Work proactively with EPC’s, customers and new prospects to develop product and architectural solutions and standards
- Support Sales team with customer engagements and customer workshops
- Represent and promote the business through business forums, events & exhibitions as well as digital media.
- Assume responsible for sharing Best Practice, Market Intelligence and Product / Offer knowledge across the business unit, including delivery of associated training.
- Ensure compliance with SE company and local business standards and procedures
- Drive New Technology adoption for Schneider Electric customers.
- Drive short and long-term strategic plans to ensure services and Technology meets existing and future requirements.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, evaluation, and strategy of all Technology
- Research and recommend products, technologies, services, and standards in support of all Technology services and Solutions development.
- Uphold established Cyber security compliance.
- Provide leadership, direction and support of a Digital Transformation practice which aligns with Schneider Electric business strategy.
- Manage Technology Team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities
- A minimum of 7 years related experience within a recognized technical role.
- Strong regional knowledge of Oil & Gas, Power, Food & Beverage, Metal, Mining & Mineral sectors and their associated processes
- Proven knowledge of Control & Safety and Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications as well as associated network products as well as Cyber Security.
- Automation & Control Systems – Knowledge of automation network architecture design and computer modeling, control theory and operations, network infrastructure technologies, automation/control protocols (with a focus on Internet Protocol based protocols), repurposing existing technologies for automation and control uses
- Safety and Security Applications – Demonstrate knowledge of industrial standards and all applicable end user safety requirements/procedures in order to design products or equipments
- Application Needs Understanding – Knowledge and understanding of key market segments and customer application needed and ability to convert them into functional and technical specifications.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with demonstrable ability to engage at C level