Tiskies is your home for the production of authentic African clothing using African prints to produce stylish, contemporary attires that represents what the African culture and tradition stands for. We are an African Clothing Brand committed to promoting “Made in Nigeria” and other Africa fashion designs to the world. We know Africa has a rich culture with an amazing history and heritage that can be well harnessed and used in creatively designing fashion attires that communicates what the African tradition represents.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- B.Sc / BA in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
- Minimum 5+ years of management & people leadership responsibility
- Proven working experience (Minimum of 5years) as a business development manager, sales
- executive or a relevant role
- Proven sales track record
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively across the organization
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to consistently achieve or beat deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to turn consumer insights into brand actions
- Strong bias for action and desire for ownership & accountability dialed into culture, consumer trends and the evolving marketing landscape
- Inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization’s overall strategy
- Takes entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the brand and push the boundaries within the industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading and executing breakthrough brand partnership programs
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and handle uncertainty
- Travel required
- Develop and Execute growth strategies and plans across functions to build, deliver, and exceed financial growth goals for the organization.
- Developing quotes and business proposals for clients
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
- Use online market research and catalogue findings to databases
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties researches and implement best practices
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales
- Strategize and Plan the Sales Process Management, Forecasting, Pricing, Expenses, Profitability, New Product Development, Market Research and Brand Strategy.
- Managing & Establishing Channel Sales Distributors, Brand Visibility and Merchandising.
- Monthly Review & Evaluation of Reports (Area Performance, Top Distributors Performance, Top Selling Articles Movements, Overdue & Outstanding).
- Regularly Visit in Person Business Partners to Review Business and Cultivate Strong Working Relations.
- Keeping a Tap on Competition and Trends in Market and Sharing Relevant Information with the Management.
- Performance Evaluation of Direct Reportees and Taking Necessary Action to ensure Highest Performance in Terms of Revenue.
- Develop Roadmap for execution, including contact names in leadership, meeting cadence, pre-selling activities, testing plans, and delivery Plan Assortment by account leveraging existing development and incorporating future product plans.
- Assist in briefing any additional needs to Corporate Merch for future product development.