Canaan Partners is recruiting a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- Canaan Solicitors is seeking a full-time experienced business professional to serve as a Business Development Manager. This position requires tactical support of several of the Firm’s practice groups, development of RFP and Pitch materials, and collaboration with the Business Development Team members, and other firm business professionals to ensure the execution of the group’s business development with firm-wide priorities.
- Provide Business Development support to the lawyers in assigned groups and in the process facilitate cross-marketing referral and other business development initiative
- Help lawyers execute best practice-based pitch and proposal materials in the pursuit of new business
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills
- Proven project management, organizational and planning skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to deal professionally with both internal and external clients on all levels
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing with both internal and external clients and to diplomatically seek more clarity of information from those in authority, if needed.
- Proven ability to concentrate on the details of executing projects
- Ability to work well under pressure with flexibility and adaptability t changing workflow and work assignments
- Proven ability to think creatively, using good judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Develop marketing and pitch materials, including Capabilities Statements, Brochures, and Web content
- Compile transactions and case description for use in proposals and responses to RFP?s Draft original text for client proposals with attention to crafting narrative formats that are consistent across practice groups, craft specific answers to uncommon RFP questions, draft exclusive summaries and introductions. Edit standard content to answer questions in a strategic, dynamic and directly responsive manner.
- Work with the practice group leaders and individual attorneys to implement practice specific business development plans
- Responsible for continued evaluation of existing marketing and business development plans and tracking ROI of initiatives to ensure funding and time investments are appropriately allocated.
- Utilize the firm?s research processes, resources, and tools to provide actionable business intelligence to practice areas and departments. This may include but is not limited to prospect research, industry or geographic research and competitive analysis at the practice area level.
- BA required. Major in English, Marketing Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing or a similar discipline plus LAW.
- A minimum of five years of experience in business development of marketing in a professional services sector with prior Law Firm experienced highly desired
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite to include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- The ideal candidate must have solid experience in business development in the service sector
- The ideal candidate must have experience in social media, graphics designs and must be IT savy
Deadline: 10th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with the “Job Title” as subject of the email.