Bursar at Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECH), Okitipupa
Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECH), Okitipupa was established by the Ondo State Government in 2008. The University was initially named as Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH), Okitipupa. The Ondo State Government changed the name of the University to Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECH) in December, 2019. The University is a technology-based institution which aims at providing the needed manpower training in order to address the critical areas of industrial and technological development of Ondo State and Nigeria as a whole.
The Vision of the University is to be a leading internationally recognized institution raising a corpus of technologically competent individuals able to respond to the needs of their environment in a technologically driven economy. The rapidly growing University currently runs academic programmes in three Schools. These are School of Science, School of Engineering and Engineering Technology and School of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources. The University has a student population of almost 5,000 students and is committed to the enthronement of highest academic and moral standards.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Okitipupa, Ondo
- The Governing Council of the University is desirous of recruiting a highly competent person as the next Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the management of University finances.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The candidate for the post of Bursar must possess a good Degree in Accountancy or any other related discipline plus any of the following recognised professional qualifications.
- ICAN / ACA / ACCA / ACMA & CPA. Membership of a relevant professional body is necessary requirement.
- He or she must have acquired a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification experience, eight (8) of which should have been in the University System.
- He / she must have served as Deputy Bursar in the University system for at least three (3) years.
- The candidate must have clean and impeccable records of service and demonstrate evidence of high level of professional competence as well as sound knowledge of relevant accounting software applications.
- He/she must possess high degree of accountability, transparency, integrity and probity.
- Applicants should be highly computer literate and be conversant with the application of ICT-based accounting packages.
- The candidate must not be older than sixty (60) years as at March 30th, 2022.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Bursar in Nigerian Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council.
Deadline: 19th January, 2022.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are required to submit twenty-five (25) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and other relevant credentials which should contain among other things:
- Name in full (Surname last in block letters)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin / LG A
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates and Qualifications with Class of Degree obtained including Membership/Fellowship of Relevant Professional Bodies
- Work Experience including Full details of Former and Present Posts with Dates;
- List of Publications (where applicable);
- Other Relevant Activities Outside Current Employment;
- Major Professional Achievements, Contributions including Awards Received; and
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees. Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward, directly to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competence, in a properly sealed envelope marked “Referee/Post of Bursar” at the top left coiner of the envelope.
The candidate should also include twenty-five (25) copies of the candidate’s Statement of Vision for the Bursary for the next five years and beyond.
All applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes containing the application materials and should be marked “Application for the Post of Bursar” at top left-hand corner and forwarded to:
Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECU),
P.M.B. 353, Okitipupa,
The submission of the hard copy should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachment in PDF or MS word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject matter should read “Application for the Post of Bursar”.
- Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same address
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.