Brewing Instrumentation Artisan at Anheuser-Busch InBev
AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Brewing Instrumentation Artisan
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Employment Type: Full time
Report: Brewing Maintenance controller C&A
BU: West Africa
- The primary function of this position is to operate, maintain, repair and optimize plant and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality.
- The role also maintains equipment and process control equipment systems in the Brewing plant.
- The role ensures maintenance and troubleshooting on measurement and control.
Qualifications and Experience
The Job holder should possess:
- Minimum of ND or its Equivalent in Electrical or Electromechanical and / or a IBD Certificate
- 1 year Prior experience in FMCG/production environment
- Knowledge of Siemens S7 PLC Basic training is an added advantage
Traits and Competencies required:
- Optimize production performance
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of measurement & control instrumentation by consulting manufacturers manuals to determine tests and calibration procedures
- Support the development of and upgrade preventative maintenance procedures for measurement & control instrumentation. Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts
- Maintain working knowledge of new technology instrumentation, software, etc., through reading and/or attending conferences, workshops or other training
- Provide engineering/projects support and recommendations for new and existing equipment with regard to installation, upgrades and enhancement
- Maintain standard instrumentation test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment
- Record instrumentation calibration and specification data on calibration sheets and maintenance schedules
- Problem solving skills and manufacturing excellence implementation
Duties and responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the job holder will:
- Comply with safety, health and environmental procedures and legislation
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Locate plant, equipment, spares and relevant documentation systems
- Plan and prepare the job
- Carry out repairs or maintenance
- Continuously improve (optimize) plant, process equipment and systems
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
- Apply 5S standards and practices in the workplace
- Maintain and control the process equipment according to SWI
- Participate in and coach Operators on autonomous operations
- Support quality at source
- Improve personal competence and flexibility
- Utilize loss & waste and short interval control to identify problems
- Apply problem solving techniques to resolve situational problems
- Implement VPO routines for continuous improvement
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
- The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted and specify the plant where the role you are applying for seats.
- International Breweries PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company.