Bar Waiter / Waitress at Hilton Worldwide
Prefer not to state
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Bar Waiter / Waitress
Job Number: HOT07C7H
Location: Curio Lagos Airport Gate Side One Road, Murtala International Airport Ikeja
Brand: Curio Collection by Hilton
Shift: Full Availability
Job Level: Team Member
Job: Bars and Restaurants
- A Bar Waiter/Waitress is responsible for providing Guests with food and drinks as requested in an efficient manner and according to proper procedure and bar regulations.
What will I be doing?
As a Bar Waiter/Waitress, you will be responsible for providing Guests with food and drinks as requested in an efficient manner and according to proper procedure and bar regulations. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage an efficiently operated bar shift that is in accordance with the agreed standards and regulations
- Show complete awareness of all the drink and food menus and readiness to explain and recommend food and drink contents
- Comply with Company Health and Safety, and Fire Regulations and procedures
- Adhere to the Company disciplinary policy when necessary
- Maximise revenue and increase average spend per person through upselling, high customer service standards, effective training and motivational techniques
- Use every possible opportunity to gain knowledge in all areas of bar supervision
- Ensure all tables receive their drinks and food as requested
- Maintain the cleanliness of all equipment used during shifts
- Maintain cleanliness of the bar and stores to Health, Safety and Hygiene standards at all times
- Demonstrate a perfect knowledge of all beverages served in the bar, how beverages are prepared (to recipe) and presented, and how Bar personnel are trained to possesss this knowledge and the application of it
- Meet or exceed the monthly drink profit margin target
What are we looking for?
A Bar Waiter/Waitress serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Customer Service experience in supervisory or above capacity
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable
- Ability to listen and respond to demanding Guest needs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in similar role
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service.
Housing, Transport, Additional benefits as per company policy.