Assistant Quality Control Manager at WACOT Rice Limited
WACOT Rice Limited is a rice processing company which operates a state-of-the-art rice mill in Argungu, Kebbi State, Nigeria. The mill is one of the largest rice mills in Africa and sources paddy from various paddy producing states across Nigeria. WACOT Rice also engages in out-grower farming programs with paddy farmers to boost their yields and guarantees off-take of paddy from farmers through buyback arrangements. The rice mill is based on a robust sustainability platform and the company produces two leading brands of parboiled rice – BIG BULL and PATRIOT.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Quality Control Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Grade: 3
Department: Quality Control
Objective / Purpose of Job
- To complete the requirement of quality management system, NAFDAC,SON etc.
Job Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Internally Relates with Procurement, Production, Warehouse, Sales and Logistics
- Externally Relates with Regulatory Agencies, Budgetary Responsibility
Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure timely & accurate testing of raw material, packaging material, in – process checks during processing of paddy are being recorded and maintained.
- To coordinate with production section for corrective measures on non-conformances observed during the inspection and testing.
- To ensure that the quality of product produced and dispatched are as per statutory requirement of standard to meet customers satisfactions.
- To carry out the inspection and analysis of final materials.
- To ensure sanitation and hygiene inspection and bacteriological examination are being monitor and controlled at production area, line and equipment’s, stores and testing area.
- To ensure that proper training, testing method, testing plan SOP are being adopted by all team members.
- To ensure that fumigation and pest management services are being checked and effectively working in place.
- To prepare training need identification and provides training to them as and when required.
- To arrange timely calibration of measuring and testing equipment’s of laboratory and processing area.
- To ensure that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to: Quality Control Manager
- Supervises: Quality Analysts & Laboratory Assistants
Education/Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Requirements
- B.Sc or HND in Food Science Technology.
- Core area of competency – QC Plan implementation, Laboratory Operations, Managing Shift Operation in Food Processing, Handling Quality in Procurement of RM/PM. Trouble shooting on Product and Process Quality.
- Exposure to ISO systems implementation shall be preferred.
- Computer literacy MS Word, Excel, Power Point presentation.
- A high level of attention to detail; Process & Procedure implementation skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Worked minimum of six (6) to ten (10) years in Agro processing plant with special attention to quality control roles.
- Good people handling skills.
- Effective communication & Problem solving skills.
- SOP and HSE implementation skills.
- Will work unbound by working hours, should be willing to work in remote location.
Deadline: 28th September, 2021.