Assistant Mobile Lab Manager (COVID-19) at 54gene
54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Mobile Lab Manager (COVID-19)
Department: Laboratory Operations
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: VP, Laboratory Operations
- The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for managing the daily operations of designated 54gene’s COVID Mobile Labs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure COVID samples are received properly, accessioned and registered on the sample receipt log
- Ensure that sample rejection and acceptance criteria are adhered to at all times
- Supervise lab personnel with procedure and quality of sample testing
- Assist in sample processing as required
- Track sample processing and give feedback to Provider/Consumer Account Managers
- Handle validation of Personal Protective Equipment needed in the Laboratory
- Flag mobile lab issues to the appropriate authority
- Draft daily and weekly laboratory report(s) of designated mobile lab(s)
- Ensure prompt TAT based on sample processing SOPs; from receipt of samples to result authorization and subsequent release
- Track and manage COVID lab inventory
- Daily update of Stakeholders COVID dashboard
- Liaise with State Government Officials and other Stakeholders where need arises.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Science
- Must have a valid license to practice
- 2 years postgraduate experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in usage of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Adherence to time and priority management
- Experience in COVID-19 testing is an added advantage.
- Authorization to work in the Nigeria.