Assistant Manager – Electrical at Dangote Cement Plc
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Electrical (Cement Industry)
Reference No.: Electrical-Obajana-001
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full time
To provide critical support to the sectional (operations) manager in ensuring that the production equipments are in perfect working condition and are available for use, at optimal cost of reliability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance in conjunction with relevant Section Heads.
- Ensure compliance of all electrical equipment in accordance with DCP/local safety regulations.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Electrical Maintenance.
- Ensure electrical maintenance activities are performed in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with industry standards, environmental restrictions, original equipment manufacturers’ recommendations and DCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Oversee technical staffs in the performance of their duties and provide expertise as required.
- Enforce accident prevention and occupational health work procedures and regulations.
- Proffer solutions to solve electrical problems to ensure optimization of equipment reliability.
- Ensure safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of post qualification experience; seven (7) of which must have been spent doing related work
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of cement products and cement manufacturing processes
- Good knowledge of safety legislation and rules
- Good knowledge of ISO 9000 standards and TPM
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organisational Awareness
- Expert knowledge of maintenance management methods, of predictive inspection tools and of CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System)
- Extensive knowledge electrical engineering and industrial automation
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Innovation & Creativity
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development