Area Manager at Eat ‘N’ Go Limited
Eat ‘N’ Go Limited is a restaurant group on a mission to become the premier food operator in Africa. So far, our growing family consists of three international brands, Domino’s Pizza, Cold Stone Creamery & Pinkberry.
Eat ‘N’ Go limited officially started operation in August 2012 with the premier store at 4, Saka Tinubu Victoria Island, Lagos. Today, Eat N’ Go has about 100 stores (outlet) across Nigeria and still growing.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Area Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Area Manager is responsible for leading the overall operations, and performance of more than one restaurant. The Area Manager is responsible for two or more restaurants in an assigned market area.
- The Area Manager directs General Managers and Managers for designated Stores to ensure recruiting, budgeting, marketing, and sales goals are obtained throughout his/her restaurants.
- Works with the Operations Manager on personnel decisions regarding recruitment, development and performance of the team Members within his/her assigned market area.
Other Duties Include:
- Demonstrate and ensure operational excellence through the training, coaching, disciplining, and encouragement of General Managers, Managers, Team Leaders, and Team Members.
- Conduct and attend meetings as required.
- Communicate complaints involving policy violations to Operations Manager or Human Resources, as appropriate.
- Partner with Human Resources in any investigations that arise in the Area and work with HR to finalize and make decisions on any action to be taken.
- Work with Operations Manager and Regional Manager on new restaurant site selections and new restaurant budget planning.
- Manage the area’s financial accountability through reviewing critical reports, adhering to the budgeted Gross Operating Profit, and evaluating the area’s combined expense plan to ensure overall operations meet financial goals.
- Coordinate specific activity to capture opportunities for increasing profitable sales with each General Manager.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned
- Work with the Operations Manager or Human Resources to develop and implement an effective a Human Resources Recruitment Plan to accommodate growth and management succession in the Area, acting as a direct resource for the hiring process.
- Serve as a resource for Manager Candidates (with Human Resources support) and have final accountability for every Manager Growth and development.
- Conduct routine visits to restaurants in his or her area to ensure each General Manager is maintaining company standards. If any deficiencies are found, work with management and staff to clearly outline the problem areas and assist them in developing a plan of action to correct problems in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the restaurant industry.
- Previous experience in a restaurant leadership position.
- Multi-restaurant management experience in a quick-service or full-service chain restaurant organization.
- Demonstrated advanced level of ability to communicate, influence, and negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Food Safety Certification (may vary based on city, county, and state requirements) may be an advantage.
- Physical: (Minimum physical requirement to perform the job effectively.)
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry, and push occasionally.
- Ability to read (orders on tickets, menu board, receipts, etc.).
- Must be able to manually lift and move up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Must have the ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Intermediate knowledge of back of house systems, point of sale systems, restaurant operating systems, and the Internet.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to delegate projects and get work done through others.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of performance review process.
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, managers, and direct reports with ample notice and preparation.
- Strong general knowledge of the organization and its functions.
- Strong general knowledge of working practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only Qualified candidates will be contacted