Architect at Novarick Homes and Properties Limited
Novarick Homes and Properties Limited is a real estate development company, dedicated to providing remarkable housing and investment solutions across the real estate spectrum. We pride ourselves with the development of estates that runs on a clean and renewable energy supply, this we believe will help us make considerable impact in making the world around us a better place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Architect
Location: Lekki Peninsula, Lagos
- At Novarick, our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project.
- We’re searching for a highly experienced architect to join us in developing real, workable solutions with a foundation of innovation.
- The right person for the job will have strong technical knowledge in conceptual design, building planning and detailing, construction documentation, and construction administration.
- We seek someone with the soul and passion of an artist, supported with strong technical skills.
- You must bring site, structure, science, and technology knowledge to every project, while incorporating our client’s objectives with respect to context, culture, and overall sustainability.
Objectives of this Role
- Design, document, and execute multiple simultaneous high-quality projects by collaborating with all internal and external teams
- Adhere to legal and industry standards in design and building codes, following and setting industry trends and architectural advancements
- Lead the creation of a conceptual framework for projects, Incorporating company standards, goals, and brand ideals
- Maintain close working relationships with a team of related professionals, including engineers, construction managers, surveyors, and government representatives
- Cultivate expert knowledge of building products, construction details, regulations, and quality standards, budgets, and timelines
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Create designs and extremely detailed drawings by hand or with computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Manage project development from pre-design through completion, meeting with clients and consultants, providing insight and assistance, and reviewing and approving consultant contract requests for payment, amendments, extensions of schedule, and contract closeout
- Lead the coordination of all disciplines to produce a comprehensive and coordinated construction document set that meets the requirements of local building code, ADA, zoning, and any other applicable law
- Liaise with construction professionals regarding project feasibility, managing issues with environmental impact, town planning legislations, and budget negotiation and preparation
- Attend regular meetings with clients, contractors, and specialists, and make regular site visits to check on progress
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Design, or related field
- 6+ years working experience in architectural design
- Knowledge and experience working with local building code, ADA, zoning, and other applicable laws
- Understanding of project budgeting and scheduling with a focus on soft costs and the ability to communicate and work closely with consultants to ensure that project milestones are being met and deliverables are on time and complete
- Registration with the Architects Registration Board and RIBA membership
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CAD applications, and VectorWorks
- Master’s degree in Architecture or related field
- Green building experience
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 3+ years of experience in construction and architecture
- Strong organizational, creative and presentation skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit