Pivotage Consulting – Our client, an Agribusiness Start-Up focused at solving food poverty crisis across Africa. Its vision is to become one of the leading privately-owned livestock farms in Nigeria renowned for the quality and quantity of agricultural produce, products, and services; job creation and involvement in corporate social responsibilities.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Agriculture General Manager (Poultry & Fishery)
Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a team player with extensive experience in developing and running a livestock farm with hand on experience in fishing and poultry farming.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the development of Farm’s first farming development in Ogun State and effectively running the farm as the general manager.
- Overseeing the effective and successful development of the Farms first farming facility.
- Planning and implementing breeding programs.
- Implementing new technology which minimizes cost and enhances yield.
- Negotiating with suppliers.
- Handling paperwork and keeping administrative records.
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations.
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases.
- Ensuring that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets.
- Recruiting and managing staff and ensuring they work safely and effectively.
- Managing cash flow and developing and monitoring budgets.
- Monitoring the health and welfare of the livestock.
- Organizing marketing and sale of livestock, farm equipment, crops and agricultural products
- Organizing maintenance/repair of farm property, equipment and machinery.
- Keeping records on the movements of all livestock in to and out from the farm.
- Advertising and marketing farm products.
- Managing any farm diversification activities.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Qualifications & Competencies
- A foundation degree/HND in an agricultural, horticultural, land or animal related subject will be beneficial.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- The ability to apply technical knowledge of the environment and legislation/public policy matters in a practical environment
- Marketing and sales skills
- Teamwork and leadership
- Analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- IT skills
Deadline: 31st July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Agriculture General Manager” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only.