Accounts Assistant – Payables at Fenix International
Fenix International is a next-generation energy company. Our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable instalments starting under $0.17 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a unique credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans and open up a wider world of energy and financing for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accounts Assistant – Payables
Department: Finance & Admin
Reporting to: Finance & Admin Manager
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
- The holder of this position will be part of the Finance team that is based in Lagos, Nigeria, led by the Finance & Admin Manager.
- You are expected to assist the Accountant with data entry, processing, and recording transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports.
- You should be thorough, accurate, and honest with good bookkeeping skills.
- Oversee the activities of Accounts Payable function to ensure payment runs are completed in a timely fashion
- Support the Accountant in the processing of company tax payments and returns
- Support the preparing of budget forecasts for the company
Deliverables and Activities:
- Ensure correct posting of transactions in the financial system (SAP) daily.
- Match invoices to payments, obtain all appropriate signatures for payments and process payments accordingly
- Respond to vendor enquiries
- Daily filing of payment vouchers
- Assist in Month-end closing process and balance sheet reconciliations.1. Prepare schedule of write off on payments2. Prepare schedule of accruals3. Prepare schedule of landed costs
- Collaborating with the team to work on various accounting projects
- Reconciling bank and other accounts
- Assist in Month-end closing process and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing and remitting VAT returns and liaising with other office locations to ensure monthly remittance of PAYE is completed
- Reviewing filing to ensure proper collation of approvals and supporting documents
- Reconciliation of vendor accounts and statements
- Ensure written approvals and proper receipts for all transactions
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting or other related field
- 3+ years accounting experience
- CFA, ICAN or other relevant professional certification
- Experience in any major accounting system (SAP an advantage) with ability to work on spreadsheets.
- Excellent understanding of accounting policies, standards and processes
- Excellent attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Awareness and ability to demonstrate the importance of ethics & appropriate codes of conduct in the workplace
- Ability to achieve daily targets while attending to impromptu activities that may occur
- Technical skills and competence
- Team player and self-starter
- Ability to influence, inspire and motivate people who are not directly under your responsibility
- Computer literate with experience in using Accounting Systems
- Intermediate Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Good people skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or . Our differences are our strengths!