Accountant in a Retail Chain Store
Prefer not to state
Edgewood Consulting – Our client, a Retail Chain business is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant – Retail Chain of Stores
Location: Arepo, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reconcile daily store revenue with daily bank reports of receipts
- Reconciling income and payments to ensure the accounting system reflects the correct transactions
- General ledger reconciliations
- Performing financial transactions such as daily sales analysis.
- Ensure that transactions are verified, complete and accurately posted on a timely basis.
- Checks balances against ledger amounts and verifies that such amounts agree with financial statement items.
- Reconciles bank statements, ATMs on a monthly basis
- Supporting the month end process
- Generating month end reports such as revenue report
- Successful applicants would be expected to work as part of a team already in existence to guarantee sound reporting system and performance measurement of its various business units.
- Verify daily bank deposit reports with daily store revenue reports from the retail software
- Follow up on overages and shortages where necessary
- Analyse sales and cash receipts per store/outlet
- Prepares weekly revenue analysis and reconciliation with Bank and retail software
- BSc or HND in Accounting / Accountancy from a reputable University or Polytechnic and professional qualification (ACA).
- Minimum of 2 (Two) years post qualification experience in a in a structured accounts department of a reputable organization or Retail Industry.
- High level of proficiency in the use of MS Office Suites and Accounting packages.
- Candidates must live in Arepo or Magboro axis
- High integrity
- Excellent computer skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver timely on task
- Give prompt feedback from clients and regulatory authorities.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work across different businesses covering different sectors.
Deadline: 8th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Accountant” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.