Accountant in a Renowned Procurement / Logistics Firm
Sigma Consulting Group – Our client, a renowned Procurement / Logistics Firm located in Lagos State requires the services of suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced Accountant who has experience in Audit and financial Modeling.
- She/he would oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
- The Accountant’s responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
- The Candidate should possess excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Manage the overall accounting and bookkeeping for the organization including accounts payable and receivable, and capital assets, banking, tax and payroll functions / fringe benefit computations.
- To manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed external auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required timelines.
- Ensure timely preparation and rendition of Audited Financial Statements (AFS) and the timely filing of the AFS with the relevant statutory agencies.
- Lead set up of accounting / financial reporting system
- Lead the company’s financial accounting, reporting and control activities, and ensuring these are carried out efficiently and line with best practice and statutory requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation and renditions of statutory returns and compliance within the statutory provisions.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, accounting month and year close schedules (inventory, receivables, payables, loans, prepayments, deferred income, asset register), and submit reports to the CEO
- Creating financial models on performing business units, customer, competitor, and cost analyses
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned cost or profit centre budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payment vouchers
- Develop, review, audit and/or interpret financial models to estimate project cash flows, return profiles and sensitivities; optimize the value of their operating assets.
- Set monthly budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and provide data to enable and support management decision making
- Produce full sets (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements) of periodic management account and other financial documents for the management of the company in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures, running full variance analysis, financial ratios and detailed note to the accounts to give actionable perspectives to the numbers
- Assisting in investigating and resolving queries relating to invoices.
- Present oral and written reports from time to time
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Minimum of Bsc or its equivalent in Accounting and / or Finance from a reputable university
- Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, ICAN), MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage
- Cognate 3-5 years’ work experience
- Excellent use of modern accounting software such as Quickbooks, SAGE, Zoho Office suite, etc.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent mathematical and numerical skills
- Financial Planning and Management
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Tax Planning and Management
- Treasury Management
- Management Accounting
- Credit Control
- N150,000 – N200,000 monthly
Deadline: 4th September, 2020.