Accountant at Sigma Consulting Group
Sigma Consulting is one of the fast growing Nigeria’s management & healthcare consulting firms. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. For more than 5 years, we’ve been passionate about achieving better results for our clients, results that go beyond financials and are uniquely tailored, pragmatic, holistic , sustainable and clients oriented.
Sigma has more than 41 consultants in major industries and provided services in 3 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
Employment Type: Full time
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced Accountant She/he would oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
- The Accountant’s responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
- The Candidate should possess excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Manage the overall accounting and bookkeeping for the organization including accounts payable and receivable, and capital assets, banking, tax and payroll functions / fringe benefit computations.
- To manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed external auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required timelines.
- Coordinate the preparation and renditions of statutory returns and compliance within the statutory provisions.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, accounting month and year close schedules (inventory, receivables, payables, loans, prepayments, deferred income, asset register), and submit reports to the CEO
- Develop, review, audit and/or interpret financial models to estimate project cash flows, return profiles and sensitivities; optimize the value of their operating assets.
- Ensure timely preparation and rendition of Audited Financial Statements (AFS) and the timely filing of the AFS with the relevant statutory agencies.
- Lead set up of accounting / financial reporting system
- Lead the company’s financial accounting, reporting and control activities, and ensuring these are carried out efficiently and line with best practice and statutory requirements.
- Set monthly budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and provide data to enable and support management decision making
- Creating financial models on performing business units, customer, competitor, and cost analyses
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned cost or profit centre budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payment vouchers
- Produce full sets (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements) of periodic management account and other financial documents for the management of the company in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures, running full variance analysis, financial ratios and detailed note to the accounts to give actionable perspectives to the numbers
- Assisting in investigating and resolving queries relating to invoices.
- Present oral and written reports from time to time
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Minimum of Bsc or its equivalent in Accounting and / or Finance from a reputable university
- Cognate 2-3 years’ work experience
- Excellent use of modern accounting software such as Quickbooks, SAGE, Zoho Office suite, etc.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent mathematical and numerical skills.
- Applicant must be a resident of Abuja
- Financial Planning and Management
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Tax Planning and Management
- Treasury Management
- Management Accounting
- Credit Control
Deadline: 30th November, 2020.