Accountant at Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited
Prefer not to state
Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited – In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry, Halliburton serves the life cycle of the well.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant, Prin
Requisition Number: 91172
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
- We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, assists in the development of the company’s business systems, processes, and controls, including policies and procedures, relative to the location and department assigned.
- Demonstrates understanding of organizational structure and core businesses of the company and industry.
- Performs, researches, and resolves activities involving complex accounting reports with associated accounting analysis and related internal controls.
- May prepare and post or review journal vouchers for accounting transactions.
- Knowledge of US GAAP or country-specific accounting principles required.
- Demonstrates project management skills and knowledge of financial performance metrics such as CVA/NOVA.
- Demonstrates knowledge in aspects of general accounting, internal controls and risk mitigation, company policy, financial analysis and statutory reporting, forecasting, and financial applications of varying complexity, as well as advanced levels of proficiency with industry and company acumen.
- Reviews and monitors financial transactions for accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepares, analyzes and distributes financial results including variance explanations. Interacts and communicates with other departments and business units to resolve financial related issues.
- Coordinates financial report preparation and business analysis.
- Requires completion of an undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or other related field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in accounting related roles.
- This is a developmental role for learning basic supervisory skills/experience.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.