Accountant at Bytefin Nigeria Limited
Bytefin is a financial tech company and has been granted a loan business license by the Lagos government. Bytefin’s main business is to provide personal credit loan services to Nigerian citizens.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- The main function of the Accountant is to assist management in fulfilling the roles and responsibilities of supervising the general accounting and financial reporting functions for management and the company.
- Develop and maintain financial database and records.
- Solve Accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end closing processes and reconciliation is carried out.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Develop and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Controlling the income and expenditure of clients and/or your company.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Prepare financial management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends e.g. – Assets Register, Profit, and Loss Statement, Account Receivables, Account Payables, Balance Sheet, Administering company payrolls.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Administering company payrolls.
- Prepare Statutory Returns for remittance to appropriate legislations e.g. PAYE Tax, Withholding Tax, Pensions, Insurance, etc.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast services.
- Prepare for financial audit and coordinate the audit process.
- The Accountant will possess knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories; financial statements and reports; accounting ledgers and journals; and computer technology related to accounting systems.
- Membership or certification by ACCA, ICAN, or any other relevant professional bodies is an added advantage.
- Experience: Two (2) – four (4) years relevant post-qualification experience (which may include National Youth Service) in a reputable multinational, consulting, or professional organization.
- He/She should also be able to prepare basic financial statements and reports; review and analyze financial information, and maintain routine accounting data in appropriate ledgers and journals.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the Sciences, Social Sciences, Management, or who possesses a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be considered).
- Excellent mathematical and statistical abilities.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Management ability and supervisory skills.
- Team oriented.
- Perform other duties as required.
N100,000 – N150,000 monthly
Deadline: 12th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.