Account Officer, Commercial Banking Divison at Access Bank Plc
Access Bank Plc is a financial institution with presence in 9 countries in Africa and the United Kingdom and in all major cities in Nigeria. Also referred to as the Africa’s Bank of Best Practice, Access Bank operates on a platform of strong ethics, governance and professionalism.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Account Officer, Commercial Banking Divison
Employment Type: Full Time
- At Access Bank, we have an obsession for taking care of our customers and employees and making them feel welcomed and valued by building lasting relationships, doing the right thing, exceeding expectations and having a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Using the latest banking solutions combined with cutting edge financial technology and the most welcoming and friendly service, you’ll be front and centre representing our brand and culture.
- Do you have a passion for helping customers, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service? We’re looking for energetic, enthusiastic people to be the face of Access Bank to our Wholesale customers.
- Our offerings focus on relationships with Public sectors, manufacturing, Contractors and Construction and Asian corporates. It also offers services to German and Chinese customers on through the various desk in the Division
- As a Relationship officer in Commercial Banking, you’ll take critical role in ensuring that customer relationships are developed and maintained by providing excellent financial products and services that add value to the customer while minimizing costs and risk to the bank
- Identify, build and deepen relationships to gain incremental market share of the business segment through the use of financial planning and excellent discovery and profiling skills.
- Draw up work schedules for identifying and marketing prospective customers
- Monitor and ensure customers’ compliance with credit agreements
- Negotiate foreign exchange and credit rates with customers within limits set by the bank to ensure maximum profitability to the bank
- Monitor the unit’s performance against monthly/quarterly/annual plans
- Anticipate the complex financial needs of the client and offer solutions through a wide range of products, services and tools based on client profiling and suitability assessments
- Partner with Analysts to assist with the preparation of client presentations, relationship reviews, credit reviews, and client portfolio/ franchise reviews
- Ensure the timely resolution and client satisfaction on all financial and operational inquiries and investigations and escalations
- A good First Degree in any discipline. Relevant certification will be an advantage
- 2-3 years of financial services experience with focus on corporate and commercial banking
- Good analytical aptitude and proven ability to learn and exert sound judgment
- Consistently demonstrate strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Ability to be client focused and results oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consistently demonstrate a professional attitude
- Credit skills/experience (i.e. financial accounting, commercial lending, industry awareness, loan structuring, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of credit and the credit approval process; able to work with business and risk officers, product partners ?and clients on credit requests? and issues
- Proven planning, negotiation and organizational skills; able to prioritize and manage multiple client requests and project.
So, what can we offer you in return? You can expect excellent benefits, personal development, and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity! This is inclusive of but not limited to:
- Competitive pay that surpasses industry and matches global standards
- Career Growth
- Merit driven performance management system
- Adequate training and development to help improve your knowledge.
- Employee recognition based on Performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.