Standard Bearers School (SBS) was established at a time when the educational system in Nigeria was going through a difficult phase. While there seemed to be a proliferation of schools at the time, quality standards were fast diminishing. SBS opened its doors on the 7th of January, 1997 with a small group of committed teachers and a few pupils. The idea to establish SBS was borne out of the desire of the founder to create a school where academic and creative talents were given similar priorities.
SBS is a family school that offers holistic education to parents seeking a technology driven, 21st century education for their children. We are lifelong learners who belong to a community where all individuals are valued and supported on their journey to self- discovery.
At SBS, we are committed to giving our students a solid foundation and an excellent start to life. Hence, we encourage and guide them to become independent, confident and responsible members of the community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Assistant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- We are looking to engage an Account Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our finance team.
- Accounting Assistant responsibilities include managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases and reconciling invoices.
- To run the unit smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
- Assist in the oversight of the annual budget and preparation of budget projections and monitoring of budget
- Prepare financial report
- Assist the programme managers in the planning, preparation, implementation and follow-up of activities
- All other responsibilities related to accounting and financial implementation of programmes.
- Prepare bank deposits
- Monthly Monitoring of diesel and fuel consumption
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
- Create and update expense reports
- Process reimbursement forms
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases
- Check spreadsheets for accuracy
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
- Review and file payroll documents
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
As an accounting assistant, you must possess the following skills;
- Good computer skills with a knowledge of common bookkeeping and spreadsheet programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly proficient with Microsoft office suite
- Math skills
- Teamwork skills
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting
- ICAN, ACCA certification would be an added advantage
Deadline: 21st January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.